BetaDen is Worcestershire’s first dedicated commercial technology accelerator, but what does that mean? BetaDen is committed to growing the technology community and eco-system here in Worcestershire through a variety of channels.
A Technology accelerator, is a business program that supports early-stage, growth-driven companies through education, mentorship and financing. Start ups typically enter accelerators for a fixed period of time and as part of a cohort of companies
BetaDen’s Technology Acceleration Programme runs for 6 months and offers 7-10 entrepreneurs the opportunity to accelerate their business or technology concept either to investment readiness or direct to the market or supply chain. The programme delivers specialist mentoring and coaching, a proof-of-concept grant worth up to £10,000, free office space and access to our extensive industry and academic network
Alongside the day to day running of BetaDen, the team are also dedicated to support the wider technology community in Worcestershire. This is achieved through technology based events, thought leadership and sector/industry links plus business clinics here at the Science Park, covering funding support / guidance and networking designed to bring the knowledge and businesses together. BetaDen is co-located with Worcestershire Local Enterprise Partnership and Worcestershire’s 5G testbed teams at Malvern Hills Science Park.
- A package worth over £50,000
- 6-month programme
- Access to Worcestershire 5G testbed
- Access to mentors for advice in: Strategic Marketing, Raising Investment, Product Development, Intellectual Property, Accounting and Structure, Mindset and much more
- Access to £2,000 marketing fund per founder
- Access to the ecosystem and extensive BetaDen Technology Network, Events and Tech Talks
- Dedicated free office space and much more!
Whether you are a cohort member with BetaDen or a business based in the local region, BetaDen is able to assist with support for technology business development or signpost in the right direction
BetaDen is a government funded technology accelerator programme, currently funded by the UK Government, Worcestershire County Council and European Regional Development Fund.
The BetaDen Accelerator Programme is completely free to join - no fees, no commission and no equity is taken by us.
As previously mentioned, BetaDen offer an extensive events programme, open and free to all technology based businesses in Worcestershire and surrounding areas. BetaDen are also able to connect businesses not only with other partnership organisations locally but other businesses open to collaboration, investment and development.
PROOF OF CONCEPT GRANT
Examples of eligible costs include:
Product testing and certification
Product launch (exhibitions/events)
New marketing material
Cloud based services
Outsourcing costs for technology development
External market research
Upon successful application for our Cohort programme, you will benefit from free office space at the Malvern Hills Science Park for the duration of the programme + 6 months after completion of the programme. This is an open space office with hot desks. Our Cohorts will be issued with access badges which will grant them, and their employees/colleagues, access to the office 24/7.
If you would like to view the office space please get in touch with us at
BetaDen will provide each cohort member with a Marketing Fund of £2,000 to use with BrandRefinery. This could be used for:
Rapid landing page development & testing
Keyword selection & optimisation
Digital marketing strategy & planning
Investor & proposition decks
LinkedIn Audience Building
B2B/B2C Lead Generation
Website design & development
BetaDen seek to attract new entrepreneurs working in products, services of solutions for the emerging technology.
The next recruitment phase for Cohort 7.0 will start in 2023. An online application process is the first step in applying to BetaDen, should this be successful, you will then be invited to interview by our advisory board panel. Following this spaces on the next cohort will be offered subject to T’s & C’s.
- Programme Starts 15th September 2022.
- 1st Pitch Practice - 20th October 2022
- 2nd Pitch practise and Christmas Party – 15th December 2022
- 3rd Pitch Practise – 9th February 2023
- Cohort 6.0 Showcase – 16th March 2023
BetaDen are continuously looking to grow the local tech based ecosystem for collaboration, information sharing and strengthening awareness of the expertise in Worcestershire. Attendance for events is free of charge and probably the best way to find out more about what's on offer.
- Technology based businesses in the UK - must be able to commit to 2-days a week in-person delivery days at the Malvern Hills Science Park, Worcestershire
- Businesses open to collaboration, investment and development
- Early-stage, growth-driven companies
- New and emerging technology products, services and solutions for global competitiveness – as a guide – remote monitoring systems for smart manufacturing, remote triage for Industry 4.0, smart infrastructure, AI enabled robotic automation.
BetaDen is committed to helping new technology companies to develop and flourish right across Worcestershire, active support in grow into space and relevant business growth initiatives will be offered.